So we used to discuss hundreds of courses that are offered by different colleges in India. But in this post, I will be discussing mainly the BDS course fees in Mangalore, Karnataka.
The reason I am writing this post is because of the demand and queries we receive via call and email, asking about the fee structure in dental colleges in Mangalore. 😀
This will make all the students and parents understand better about the course and its fee structure in private dental colleges in Mangalore.
You can check the table of contents given below, and you can navigate to the section you want to read.
Table of Contents
BDS Course Fees in Mangalore Dental Colleges
So let me keep things really straight so that it will be clear for every one of you.
In Mangalore, there are actually 5 private dental colleges recognized by the Dental Council of India. Out of that 3 of the colleges are affiliated with deemed universities.
This is the official fee structure decided by the college. But, in the next section, I mentioned how you can secure a BDS seat in Mangalore at a low fee structure. And also about different BDS fee structure in Mangalore dental colleges.
|Manipal College of Dental Sciences||Manipal University|
|AB Shetty Dental College||NITTE Deemed-to-be University|
|Yenepoya Dental College||Yenepoya Deemed-to-be University|
|AJ Institute of Dental Sciences||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Srinivasa Dental College||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
Now coming to the fee structure, please do keep in mind the official fee structure is fixed by the college and the KEA, i.e Karnataka Examination Authority, for colleges under the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. And the fee structure is submitted by deemed colleges to the MCC – Medical Counseling Committee.
I know this is kind of confusing, but I will be explaining the admission procedure in the next section, where you will understand more about KEA and MCC.
- Manipal Dental College or MCODS in Mangalore were Rs.7 Lakhs per year.
- AB Shetty Dental College last year was Rs.5 lakhs per year.
- Yenepoya Dental College which was fixed last year was – Rs.5 lakh per year.
- AJ Institute of Dental Sciences fee structure for BDS last year was Rs.4.5 lakhs per year.
- Srinivasa Dental College the fees were fixed at Rs.3.3 lakhs per year.
99% of the chance is that for this academic session also the fee structure will remain the same.
So, as I told you these are BDS course fees in Mangalore which are fixed by the college and the counseling authorities. But what happens is that at the last round of the counseling if the seats remain vacant the college might reduce the fees to an extent.
These are just scenarios that we experienced last year and we are just sharing these here.
Let us take the scenario that, a few seats got vacant. Then you can expect a tuition fee lowered by 10-20%.
What is the actual fee structure for BDS in Mangalore?
I know this is the actual part, you are looking for. 😀
You can secure a BDS seat in a normal dental college for around Rs.10 – Rs.11 lakhs total package and in one of the best colleges in Mangalore for an Rs.13 lakhs package.
If you do not have this budget, then you go to dental colleges near Delhi NCR or the UP border. If you want more information about it you can read my detailed post about BDS course fees at UP. This will cost you not more than 8 Lakhs total package including hostel and food.
Yes, it is true for a limited number of seats. The only condition is that the student must qualify NEET-UG entrance exam.
If you haven’t qualified for NEET or attended NEET and still want to be a doctor, then you can join BNYS. BNYS means Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, which is also a doctor tag course.
I know a few BNYS colleges in Karnataka and you can just contact them directly.
The hostel, mess, and material charges will be extra apart from these.
If you are flexible with the location, then the best package I can give you for BDS is Rs.8 lakhs total package including, hostel, food, and material charges for 5 years.
If you need more information about the same, you can contact me at +91-9535726644.
Before giving me a call you can go through this article completely and also read my detailed post about BDS course fees in private colleges.
What are the extra fees for Dental Colleges in Mangalore?
The fees which I mentioned above were the tuition fees. Apart from the tuition fees, different colleges charge some extra fees which will be for basic amenities and for upskilling your practical knowledge.
The following fees will be charged by different private colleges:
- Uniform and Books.
- Material Charges – The dental materials which will be used for pre-clinical and clinical training,
- Maybe a refundable deposit for the college of the hostel. You can also see that as a caution deposit.
- Accommodation and food.
Before you join any dental college in India, I would like you to reconfirm the fee structure and extra fees charged by the institution.
I had seen many students facing many issues regarding fees due to miscommunication,
How to choose a dental college in Mangalore?
Now that you are clear about the fee structure of dental colleges in Mangalore, I would like to give you a few tips on choosing the best dental college in Mangalore.
These are a few tips from my 12 years of personal experience in the dental and education industry.
- Patient Flow: As BDS is a health and science-related hands-on course, you must only join dental colleges which has a decent patient-to-student ratio. Even if you have to pay Rs.1 to Rs.2 lakhs extra I would suggest you go for the one with good patient exposure.
- Faculties: If there is no full-time faculty to guide you then you won’t be having practical skills.
- Affiliation and Recognition: The college must be recognized by the DCI and affiliated with a reputed university.
- Infrastructure and Latest technologies: I am not speaking about fancy buildings and fountains. I mean the colleges which have the latest equipment and technologies used in the field of dentistry.
- Location: This is just an extra add-on. I would suggest keeping location as the least concern.
How I can help you with this?
I can guide you through the complete procedure starting from the filtration of colleges to the allotment of your seat by the KEA or Karnataka Examination Authority.
- College filtration and providing in-depth knowledge about the college, its pros, cons, and more.
- Finding the colleges within your budget and guiding through the complete allotment procedures.
- I can help you with complete documentation support for native, foreign, and NRI students.
- Can provide support for documentation for educational loans.
- Will provide premium and exclusive updates and journals to students who have joined a dental college through DentalFry.
- The after support.
FAQ About BDS Course Fees in Mangalore
Can I BDS seat in Mangalore without qualifying NEET?
No, it is not possible to get BDS admission in any private or government dental college in India, without qualifying NEET entrance exam.
Should I pay donation for taking BDS admission in Mangalore?
No, you don't have to pay any donation to any dental college in India for taking BDS admission.
Can I book the seat now? What is the procedure?
You can directly contact the college or contact me and provide us with valid academic documents. After veryfing the documents we will guide you through the complete procedures.
What is the lowest BDS fee structure in Karnataka?
There are more than 40 dental colleges in Karnataka and the fee structure ranges from Rs.9 lakhs to Rs.30 lakhs depending on the college.
Does any college provide any scholarships to students?
There are few colleges who provide scholarship to students. But, in case if you are looking for high scholarships then you have to choose colleges in the North.
I know it was a really long post! But to provide you with the maximum information, I have to stretch my content a bit. 😛
In case you are looking for personal guidance from my end, then you can contact me directly via call, Whatsapp, or e-mail. Or if you have any questions or want to show some support for my work, then please do comment below and I will try my best to revert back as soon as possible.
I just have a small request! If you loved the content and information I provided, please do share this with your friends and people in need.
If you are looking for other colleges in Karnataka and want to know about their fee structure, you can go through my detailed article about payment seat fees in Karnataka for BDS.
If you are confused about whether to join BDS or not, then you can go through my detailed post about the BDS course, which will cover all the information about the scope, dentist salary, syllabus, and more.
If you are looking for information regarding the fee structure for BDS in other places, then you can go through the below articles:
- BDS course fees in Kerala.
- BDS fee structure in private colleges.
- BDS management quota fees in India.
- BDS payment seat fees in India.
- BDS course fees in Bihar.
There are many students who also ask me what is the BDS fees without NEET. It is simple, the candidates can take admission only if they qualify for NEET-UG, in case if they qualify after the revised cut-off the fee structure will be the same as normal private quota fees.
2 thoughts on “BDS Course Fees in Mangalore – Lowest Package In Top Dental Colleges”
I will contact you
Thank you for the support and comment. Will be really happy to help you.