First of all, I would like to welcome all our new readers to the best dental blog in India, DentalFry!
If you are on this page, then it means that you are looking forward to joining BDS in any private dental college in India. If you want to get an exact idea about taking BDS admission and choosing a dental college in India, please go through this article completely.
This article will also cover information related to the cheapest private dental colleges in India, private dental colleges with the lowest fee structure, etc.
I will start with the basics and latest information regarding the BDS course here.
As of now the duration of the BDS course in India is 5 years and it is going to be 5.5 years in the coming years. And this has been officially declared by the Dental Council of India.
So the fee structure mentioned here will be with the current course structure.
And before taking any sudden decision regarding joining a dental college, please keep the following points in mind:
- Never ever go for very cheap colleges, look for budget-friendly colleges.
- Never be attracted by fake marketing done by agents and colleges.
- Do thorough research before joining any dental college.
- Never stick to location, stick to quality education and hands-on experience.
Table of Contents
- BDS Course Fees in Private College
- How to Choose the Best Dental College on a Budget?
- How I can help you?
- Is my service Free of Cost?
- Why you can choose us?
- BDS Admission Process
- Private BDS college with the Lowest fees
- Frequently Asked Questions About BDS Fees in Private College
- Wrap Up
BDS Course Fees in Private College
I would just request you to read the complete article so that it will give you an idea about the fee structure, course and much other information which will help you in choosing the course.
I will keep things straightforward here.
Private BDS college fees in India range from Rs.1.5 lakhs to Rs.10 lakhs per annum including hostel and food depending on the colleges. Now you might be thinking how can a dental college provide admission for Rs.6 lakhs for the entire course, right?
That is even what we thought when we came to know that. So thought to do some market research and found that these colleges are on the verge of losing their affiliation or the quality of college is far below what we expected.
If you are looking for the top dental colleges in India then it will cost you around 25-30 lakhs which includes the tuition fees, hostel, and extra charges.
In simple words, it means BDS course total fees range from Rs.8 lakhs to Rs.30 lakhs depending on different factors.
The Dental Council of India has started a movement to escalate the quality of dental colleges in India. To do the same, they are strictly inspecting colleges in terms of quality and education.
In coming years the number of dental colleges will be cut by 30-40% and the number of BDS seats will be cut by 50-50%.
This will also neutralize the saturation which will give more job opportunities.
Rather than going for the cheapest fee structure go for colleges providing quality education in a budget fee structure.
You can go through the next section where I had given some great tips which will help you in choosing the best dental colleges in India.
I can suggest you a decent dental college that is upgrading its quality every month and the total BDS course fees for that college will be around Rs.9 lakhs total, including hostel, food, and extra charges.
And the normal fee structure for the college is higher for other students, and they are providing scholarships for students referred by us. Wondering why? This is because of the personal research we had done for the college and the report we have provided them in developing their college to rank with the top dental colleges in India.
You can contact me for more details about the same and I will explain to you about the same depending on your NEET score and 12th class percentage. Fair enough?
BDS Private College Fees – Year-wise Installment
|Tuition Fees||Hostel and Food|
|First Year||Rs.2 Lakhs||Free|
|Second Year||Rs.2 Lakhs||Free|
|Third Year||Rs.2 Lakhs||Free|
|Final Year||Rs.2 Lakhs||Free|
The college also provides an easy installment system for all the students, which makes it hassle-free for all students.
Now you might be thinking whether this is the total fee for BDS in a private college, right? Apart from this, you will have to pay University Examination Fees which will range from Rs.5000 to Rs.15,000 per year.
Many students think the fees for the BDS management quota will be different. But there is nothing like that, even the fees for management quota will be the same as given above.
And people also ask whether the BDS payment seat fees are different from this. No, all these are the same only!
How to Choose the Best Dental College on a Budget?
Which college should I go to? I have searched so many colleges. On what basis should I decide on the college? I am unable to decide which would be the best for me. You do not have to worry. I will explain in detail the factors which you need to consider while selecting the colleges.
There is nothing wrong with contemplating and taking your decision. You just need to think about some of the questions such as:
- Does the college have a good patient flow?
- Does the college have full-time experienced faculties?
- Does the college have a good infrastructure with the latest equipment?
- Is the college affiliated with a reputed university?
- Do you want a college close to your home or far?
- How much is your budget for the course?
- Does the college have hostel accommodation?
- Is there a placement facility available?
So, there are some important factors which are needed to be considered for getting the best BDS College for you. The key things to keep in mind are:
- Patient Flow: This is the basic factor I would suggest you keep in mind while choosing a dental college. I am not saying the college must have 1000+ patients daily. But the student-to-patient ratio must be decent. I had seen many colleges boasting that they have 400+ patients in a day and that is not true. Decent colleges have a patient flow of around 150 – 250 patients daily.
- Faculties: If you don’t have an experienced and creative teaching faculty in the college, it’s just like wasting your career and time. As BDS is a practical-based health and science course, you must be guided by a well-experienced faculty.
- Infrastructure: I am not speaking about fancy buildings and sports grounds. I meant the academic infrastructure! Choose basic facilities like CBCT, digital technologies, laser dentistry, etc.
- Location: While choosing the college for you, whether you would like a college closer to home or anywhere else? If you are staying in the city, will it be convenient to travel to the college? You can choose your college based on your own comfort level.
- Course Fees: BDS is a course that is a little expensive. So, it would be better to look into those colleges which fit your budget. I would seriously ask you to work out the return on investment.
- Infrastructure and Equipment (Extended): It is extremely important to know about the infrastructure facilities which the college has. It includes classrooms, laboratories, a library, a conference hall, hostels, sports facilities, a mess, clinical equipment, and so on. If the infrastructure is not up to the standards, then the students will not get the proper study environment.
- Affiliations and Rankings: Another aspect to be considered while selecting the colleges, is affiliation and recognition. For instance, the Ministry of HRD provides the NIRF Rankings and the Central Government issues the Top Medical Colleges list. Go for colleges approved by the DCI or Dental Council of India and affiliated with a reputed university. Never fall for the fake ranking traps.
- Hostel Accommodation: Another factor to be considered while selecting a college is hostel accommodation. You should know whether the college has on-campus or off-campus accommodation. Whether the hostel is within the campus or far away? What are the hostel fees charged by the college? It has all the amenities for a comfortable stay on campus or not.
- Advanced equipment: Every college laboratory has its own dental equipment such as an Endodontic microscope, Surgical Microscope, CBDT Machine, Lasers, Orthodontic software, conscious sedation, CAD CAM unit, BPS Unit, Smile Designing Software, and many more. It’s better for you to search about the advanced lab facility of the college you are going to.
If you want to know more about the Bachelor of Dental Surgery, you can also go through my detailed post about the BDS Course and the salary of a dentist in India.
How I can help you?
As I am into the dental and education industry for the past 12 years, I am well-updated and knowledgeable about the dental colleges and their admission procedures happening in India.
Keeping in mind 100+ factors, I can help you in choosing the best college within your budget.
I will be providing you with the following services FREE of COST:
- Filtering and helping you in choosing the best college within your budget.
- Complete guidance in the counseling procedures for the deemed dental colleges and private dental colleges.
- Support for documentation for the counseling and allotment procedures.
- Field support for students who want to go for a campus visit.
- Assistance for educational loans and NFBC-based EMI loans.
Is my service Free of Cost?
Yes, my service will be 100% free of cost.
You might be thinking whether I had gone out of my mind. This is my way of giving back to the community. 😛
But it’s not that I am not earning a penny from this. A few dental colleges in India will be providing me with a service charge, which helps me in maintaining the quality of this blog and providing you with the latest updates in dentistry.
And that will be a WIN-WIN deal for both!
But I can guarantee you that I can provide you with BDS lowest fees in India in a reputed and good dental college.
Why you can choose us?
So you might be thinking, are we college admission agents, right?
No, we are dentists guiding students on the right path and helping them in choosing the best college in their budget.
The next question popping into your mind will be, why you must choose us for the service right? There are several reasons which will surely make you understand how we help students.
Lowest or Competitive Fee Structure
As I had told we are in the dental field for the past 10 years, and we used to conduct different programs in different dental colleges in India. So due to the long-term relationship with the college, they provide a competitive fee structure for our students.
Seat Booking Facility
We used to provide limited seats to students in specific colleges and we provide them with an easy seat booking procedure. Which will guarantee competitive fees for our students.
We will be there to guide you through the complete procedure starting from seat booking to the allotment of a seat. You can sit back and relax and we will be there through the complete journey.
Educational Loan Guidance
Don’t misunderstand this by thinking that we will help you in getting a loan from the bank. No!
We will provide you with all the supporting documents from the college and university which will make the loan application process hassle-free.
Educational Dental Kit
There are many dental materials and equipment which are needed during the course. We will be providing you with a complete dental kit which will save you a lot of money and time.
Study Materials and Guide
We will provide you with dental study materials and an education guide that will help you in understanding and learn dentistry easily.
As I told you earlier, DentalFry is the best dental blog in India and we are coming up with a lot of premium memberships in the future. We will give you a limited-time free membership for all those, which will help you.
We will be easily available for you even after taking admission for any kind of support. This will make sure your academics goes well.
BDS Admission Process
Admission to BDS courses in India takes place through the NEET entrance examination. National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination NEET is a national-level entrance examination which is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). It is a basis for admission to undergraduate medical courses like MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS as well as courses recognized by private and deemed universities in India.
Before getting to know the admission procedure you can re-check the eligibility criteria to taking BDS admission in India.
Eligibility Criteria for BDS Admission
You have to become eligible to get admission to the BDS course in any private college. The basic eligibility criteria for BDS are:
- Aspirants must have passed 12th or 10+2 with an aggregate score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology along with English.
- The aggregate score for SC/ST aspirants is 40%.
- Should have appeared for the NEET entrance examination and also have a NEET scorecard.
- He/She must have completed 17 years of age during the time of getting admission.
- Once the results for the NEET are declared, the merit list of the candidates is prepared on the basis of the ranking.
- The selection to any college is based on the NEET Ranking. There is the reservation of seats based on the ranking.
- After this, the candidates have to go for online counseling in which they have to fill out their preferences.
There are two types of counseling – State counseling and All India Counseling.
If you are looking for admission to deemed universities, then you must attend the counseling conducted by Medical Counseling Committee.
For all the other private colleges, you have to attend the state counseling conducted by the respective state counseling authorities.
1. It is mandatory to attend counseling to take admission to any dental college in India.
2. Even for management or NRI seats you have to attend counseling.
The procedure for counseling is as follows:
- Registration for the counseling.
- Verification of documents.
- The first round of counseling.
- Filling choices of colleges.
- Locking of the choices of colleges.
- Results of the first round of counseling.
- The second round of counseling.
- Results of second round counseling.
- Mop Up Round.
The same procedure is followed by private colleges and deemed universities. Let me explain each one in detail.
1. Registration for Counseling
In order to attend the process of counseling, you need to register yourself with information like the NEET Admit Card and the registration fees.
2. Verification of the Documents
Once you have filled out the online counseling form, the concerned authorities will declare the dates for verification of the documents. You are required to go to the center for counseling with the necessary documents and if it happens online, it has to be done on the website.
The documents required for verification are:
- 10th Standard Marksheet.
- 12th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Proof of date of birth
- Admit Card of NEET.
- NEET Scorecard.
- Medical Fitness Certificate(if applicable).
- Caste Certificate(if applicable).
- Community Certificate(if applicable).
3. The first round of counseling
As soon as the first round of counseling begins, you need to go to your profile dashboard and freeze the options.
Filling of choices of colleges
In this step, you will be selecting the colleges of your choice. There is no limitation on the number of colleges to be chosen. Later on, you have to lock your preferences. Once this is completed, it cannot be changed again in this particular round.
Results of the first round of counseling
Here, the results are declared for the first round. If you like the college, you can go ahead and take your admission. If not, then you need to wait for the second round of counseling.
4. The second round of counseling and results
This round is similar to the first round. Once the results are declared and if you want to get admission, you can join the college. If you have some other college, then you need to wait for the mop-up round.
5. Mop Up Round
Mop Up Round is the final round of counseling. It happens for the vacant seats from the 1st and 2nd rounds of counseling. Key points to remember if you are going to attend the mop-up round are:
- This round takes place offline.
- You are required to bring your documents to the counseling center.
- Candidates must carry DD or Demand Draft in favor of the authority.
- The results of this round are declared on the same day.
- Those candidates who have registered themselves and taken part in this round will be allotted seats by the management of the college.
Private BDS college with the Lowest fees
I can help you with any dental college in India for BDS admission. But you might be thinking how is it possible right?
So I have two types of service which are normal career guidance service and other is state or All India Counseling service. For the premium services which you need, I will be charging a service charge. But there are still a few dental colleges in India, where we are directly in contact.
Those colleges are listed below and you can go through them.
- Kalinga Institute of Dental Sciences, Bubnewshwar.
- JSS Dental College, Mysore.
- Vydehi Dental College, Bangalore.
- Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences, Bangalore.
- Divya Jyothi Dental College, Modinagar.
- SGT Dental College, Faridabad.
- Manav Rachna Dental College, Faridabad.
- Sudha Rustagi Dental College, Faridabad.
- Sharada Dental College, Greater Noida.
- Asan Dental College, Chennai.
- Sharavathi Dental College, Shimoga.
- Institute of Dental Sciences, Bareilly.
- DY Patil Dental College, Navi Mumbai.
- Sharad Pawar Dental College, Wardha.
- Genesis Dental College, Ferozpur.
- Adesh Dental College, Bathinda.
And there are more colleges and listing down all the colleges will make things boring. What I meant is that I can guide you in colleges in almost all the colleges.
A few of the private BDS colleges with the lowest fees are:
- Divya Jyoti Dental College, Modinagar.
- Genesis Dental College, Ferozpur.
- Bhojia Dental College.
- Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences.
- Sudha Rustagi Dental College, Faridabad, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions About BDS Fees in Private College
How many Dental Colleges are there in India?
There are more than 300 private and government dental colleges in India which is recognized by the dental council of India.
Will I get admission to BDS without qualifying the NEET examination?
No, you cannot get BDS admission without qualifying the NEET-UG entrance exam.
What is the eligibility criteria for BDS?
The eligibility criteria for BDS is 12th Standard with 50% aggregate score in PCB and qualify NEET-UG entrance exam.
Can I get colleges with lower fees?
Yes, you can get BDS admission in decent dental colleges in India at around 9 lakhs total package including hostel and food.
Which college has lowest BDS fee structure in private college?
There are many colleges which has lowest fees. It depends on the location preference which college I must suggest you. 😛
There are students who are also having one more question in their mind, what will be the BDS self-finance college fees? That will also be the same as mentioned in the whole article.
Not qualified NEET? Then you can go through my detailed article which will tell you about whether BDS admission without NEET is possible or not. And also what will be the BDS fees without NEET,
These are just the information I would like to provide you with from my personal experience and research. I think I had included all the information about BDS course fees in private colleges in India here. If you still have any more questions, then you can comment below or give me a call or WhatsApp message at +91-9535726644.
If this article helped you in understanding the basic details about BDS course fees in private colleges, then please do share it with friends and people in need.
If you wanted to know about the fee structure of dental colleges in different locations then you can go through the below list of articles that I had written:
18 thoughts on “BDS Course Fees in Private College – Total Package 8 Lakhs”
I want to enquire about BDS colleges for my sister. She is currently preparing for NEET 2023.
Her expected score is around 300+.
I would suggest you motivate her for the NEET 2023 preparations. Each year the fee structure for each college differs depending on the demand and job opportunities. The package for BDS mentioned in this blog post, I can provide you with the best colleges in Delhi NCR, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, etc.
MEGHA KUMARI Mo No 9939423792 Prepareing NEET 2023 Pls guide…
Hi K Vishnu
I have same enquiry like above.Kindly suggest us also for the best BDS college in delhi ncr.
There are many dental colleges in Delhi NCR, but it would be great if you could tell me your fee affordability. If your budget is not a matter you can go for ITS Dental College, Ghaziabad. And the fee structure will range around 4-5 Lakhs per year including hostel and food charges.
BDS admissions are based on NEET marks ? Like we are eligible for this but not a handsome mark.. so can’t we get admission in private dental colleges(bugdet friendly)?
If you want to secure a seat for BDS in a private dental college, you have to JUST QUALIFY for the NEET-UG entrance exam. And Yes, you can BDS admission to a private dental college in a budget-friendly fee structure.
Do our marks decide our fees in pvt dental colleges?
Like if higher the marks lower the fees ?
The fees are lower in some selected states like Karnataka, Punjab, etc. But your domicile must be of the same state. And of course for Government dental colleges the fees will be very low.
BDS me Admission
Please let me know how I can help you for BDS admission in lowest fees.
Yes please help me
Please explain, what kind of help are you looking for related to BDS admission? You can contact me at +919535726644 for any urgent queries.
Name of bds colleges of lowest fees
Please sir myself sowmya i am looking for lowest fee structure in BDS in Banglore and chennai help me out sir?
I can surely help you out for the same. I can provide you BDS admission in Bangalore starting from Rs.10.69 lakhs total package including hostel and food.
Private bds college under 6 lakhs
I am not dealing with any dental colleges under 6 lakhs as the quality of college won’t be up to the mark. You can better increase your budget to a minimum of 8-9 lakhs total package.