General and Dental Pharmacology Question Paper June 2017 RGUHS
PHARMACOLOGY – June 2017
Draw neat and labeled diagram wherever necessary.
Total Marks: 70 Marks
LONG ESSAYS – 2 x 10 = 20 Marks
1. Classify non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Explain the therapeutic uses and adverse effects of aspirin. Add a note on aspirin poisoning.
2. Classify drugs used in angina pectoris. Discuss the mechanism of action, adverse effects, and therapeutic uses of glyceryl trinitrate.
SHORT ESSAYS – 8 x 5 = 40 Marks
4. Drug antagonism.
6. Preanesthetic medication.
7. Styptic agents.
8. Therapeutic uses of adrenaline.
9. H2 Blockers.
10. Therapeutic uses of glucocorticoids.
SHORT ANSWERS – 5 x 2 = 10 Marks
11. Mention any two advantages of oral route of drug administration.
12. The pharmacological basis of combining Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid as antimicrobial agents.
13. Mention two contraindications of morphine.
14. Mention two uses of thiazide diuretics.
15. Mention two antimetabolites.