Welcome to another detailed post about MDS admission and today I will be giving you the complete information about MDS admission in Delhi.
If you want to take MDS admission in private dental colleges in Delhi, then you must qualify for the NEET-MDS entrance exam. I used to get a lot of calls from students who are not qualified in NEET and want to take admission for MDS.
If you have missed the qualification marks by a few numbers, then I would advise you to wait till the last moment of counseling. Till now I had seen that the cut-off marks have been reduced when the seats are left vacant. 😀
Don’t lose hope!
Important: There are no private dental colleges in Delhi and the admission procedure I will be telling will be about private dental colleges in Delhi NCR which comes in Uttar Pradesh.
MDS Fee Structure in Colleges in Delhi NCR
I will be writing about the fee structure first, as all the students want to know about this first. I will explain eligibility, admission procedures, etc in the next sub-heading.
I know a few colleges in this area which are good and many colleges which are not up to the mark. Here I will be telling you about the fee structure about good colleges only.
MDS Tuition fees in Delhi
These are the approximate fee structure for MDS colleges in Delhi NCR. I will list the fee structure department wise below.
- MDS in Endodontics fees – Rs.5.75 – Rs.8 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Orthodontics fees – Rs.5.75 – Rs.8 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Oral Surgery fees – Rs.5.75 – Rs.8 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Prosthodontics fees – Rs.4 – Rs.6 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Pedodontics fees – Rs.4 – Rs.5 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Periodontics fees – Rs.3.5 – Rs.4 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Oral Medicine and Radiology – Rs.2 – Rs.3 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Oral Pathology – Rs.2 – Rs.3 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Community – Rs.2 – Rs.3 Lakhs/year.
These are the approximate tuition fees range for MDS admission in Delhi.
MDS Hostel Fees in Delhi
The hostel and mess fees of each college differ a lot, as colleges have many options and facilities. Still, I will give approximate hostel fees for dental colleges in Delhi NCR.
- Non-AC Hostel and Mess – Starting from Rs.75,000/year.
- AC Hostel and Mess – Starting from Rs.1 Lakh/year.
These fees also include mess charges. I had also seen few colleges who charge around Rs.1.50 Lakhs/year for AC Hostels. 😛
MDS Admission Material Charges
If you are a student who had done your BDS from colleges in South India, then you might know most colleges charge material fees that will range from Rs.80,000 to Rs.1 lakh/year depending on the colleges.
But, dental colleges in Delhi NCR doesn’t charge anything as material fees from MDS students. But it depends on you how much materials you use. It will be limited in these colleges.
But still, it is worth what you pay!
Few Colleges in Delhi NCR for MDS Admission
These are the few known dental colleges in Delhi NCR who provides MDS course. You can check out each college separately and know more about it.
- DJ Dental College.
- IDST Dental College.
- ITS Dental College, Greater Noida.
- ITS Dental College, Ghaziabad.
- Indraprastha Dental College.
- Kalka Dental College, Meerut.
- Subarti Dental College, Meerut.
Eligibility for Taking MDS Admission in Delhi
In this section, I will explain to you about the eligibility criteria for taking MDS admission in Delhi.
- The candidate must qualify for the NEET-MDS entrance exam.
- The candidate must complete his/her internship before March 31st.
- The candidate must attend the complete counseling procedure conducted by UPDGME.
- If you want to join any college affiliated to a deemed university, then you must attend the counseling conducted by MCC.
Important: Without attending the centralized counseling you won’t be eligible to take admission in any private or government dental college. I had seen many students ignoring and later suffering. 😀
MDS Admission and Counseling Procedure in Delhi NCR
Here I will give you the major steps involved in the counseling conducted by UPNEET.
- Qualifying NEET-MDS exam.
- Registration: You must register for the counseling online and provide all your personal and academic details.
- Document Verification: You must then come to the verification center with all your original documents and also submit a demand draft of Rs.1 Lakh. The amount will be refunded to your account after the counseling or will be adjusted in your first-year fees.
- First Counseling: There will be online counseling in which you must choose the college of your choice and lock the choice. If you are not been allotted any seat in first counseling, then you can attend the second counseling.
- Second Counseling: The procedure is the same as the first counseling. If you have not been allotted any seats then you can attend the MOP-UP round.
- MOP-UP Round: The vacant seats will be alotted in the MOP-UP round. For this, you must come directly to the counseling center and attend it.
These are the major steps involved in taking MDS admission in Delhi.
Why it is better to take MDS admission in Delhi NCR?
I will share what I felt and this is my personal experience. The major reasons are listed below.
- Fee Affordability: Comparing colleges in Bangalore, Tamil Nadu, etc the fee structure is really affordable and is worth what you pay.
- Easy Procedures: I had dealt with all the counseling procedures in India and felt that UP’s counseling procedures are simple and fast.
- Patient Flow: The patient flow to most of the colleges are very good and there colleges where the patient exposure is worst.
- Colleges: There are many colleges to choose from.
- Connectivity: Colleges in Delhi NCR won’t be much far from Delhi International Airport.
I had been dealing with dental colleges in Delhi NCR for the past 4 years and I had shared my experiences here. If you feel this post helped you, then please do share it with your friends and people in need.
If you want any personal guidance for taking MDS admission in Delhi NCR, then you can contact me on +91-9747352630 or comment on your queries below. I will try my best to revert back as soon as possible.