Welcome to DentalFry.com, the exclusive blog for all dentists. Today, I am going to give you in-depth information about MDS admission in Bangalore or Karnataka. You might be thinking, what is there to explain in this right? It is not like before, that you can just go and take direct admission in any dental college.
You must attend the NEET-PG entrance and qualify for the exam. yes, NEET qualification is mandatory to take admission for MDS in any dental college in India.
There are many consultants in India, who offer direct admissions to top dental colleges in India. But, please understand that you cannot take direct admissions without attending the online counseling procedure.
Don’t trust me? Check the official news about online counseling in the Hindu newspaper here. 😀
Eligibility for MDS Admission in Bangalore
Here I will tell you in detail about the eligibility criteria for taking MDS admission.
- Qualify NEET-PG entrance exam.
- Complete internship before 31st March 2019.
- Must attend the counseling conducted by KEA.
- If you want to join deemed university, then attend counseling conducted by MCC.
Please do keep in mind that, without registering and attending the online counseling you won’t be eligible for taking admission through management or NRI quota.
MDS Admission/Counseling Procedure in Bangalore
Here I will tell you in detail about the counseling procedure in Karnataka. The major steps of admission procedure in Bangalore are:
- Qualify NEET-PG entrance exam.
- Register for online counseling conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority.
- Document verification: You must verify your documents by visiting the KEA office in Bangalore on the given date.
- Attend Online Counseling: After your document verification you must log in to KEA website on the declared date.
- Choice filling: After logging in to KEA, you must opt for the department and college you want to join and lock your choice.
- Allotment Results: After the first online counseling the allotment results will be published. If you weren’t able to secure a seat in the first round, you must attend the second counseling.
- Second Round Counseling.
- MOP-UP Round: If you weren’t able to get a seat in the first and second round of counseling, then you can attend the MOP-UP round. Those seats which are vacant after the second round will be allotted in the MOP-UP round. MOP-UP round will be conducted offline and the candidate must be present at KEA office.
These are the steps involved in the counseling conducted by KEA. After the MOP-UP round, you can take MDS admission directly from the college. But you must attend the whole counseling procedure without fail.
Note: If you didn’t register and attend the counseling procedures, then you won’t be eligible to take direct admission after the MOP-UP rounds.
List of Dental Colleges in Bangalore
- RV Dental College, Bangalore.
- Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences or BIDS.
- Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences, Bangalore.
- Dr.Syamala Reddy Dental College, Bangalore.
- KLE’s Society Institute of Dental Sciences, Bangalore.
- Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences, Bangalore.
- M.R Ambedkar Dental College, Bangalore.
- M.S Ramaiah Dental College, Bangalore.
- Maruthi College of Dental Sciences and Research Center, Bangalore.
- Rajarajeshwari Dental College, Bangalore.
- Sri Rajiv Gandhi College of Dental Sciences, Bangalore.
- Sri Veketeshwara Dental College, Bangalore.
- The Oxford Dental College, Bangalore.
- V.S Dental College, Bangalore.
- Vydehi Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Center, Bangalore.
I deal with most of the dental colleges on the list. I also deal with most of the private dental colleges in Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan, etc.
Why You Must Take MDS Admission in Bangalore?
Bangalore is one of the best destinations for private colleges in India. I had seen a lot of students from North India and abroad studying in many dental colleges in India. The major reasons why you must join MDS in Bangalore are given below.
- Colleges: There are many private dental colleges to choose from.
- Affordable Fee: There are many dental colleges in Bangalore, which charge a reasonable tuition fee etc.
- Patient Flow: Most of the dental colleges in Bangalore have excellent patient flow.
- Climate: Bangalore is one of the cities which has the best climate in India.
- Connectivity: Bangalore is well connected with road, rail, and air to all the major cities in India. It also has an international airport.
MDS Branches Available in Bangalore
The MDS branches available in Bangalore are:
- Endodontics – 66 seats.
- Prosthodontics – 65 seats.
- Orthodontics – 70 seats.
- Oral Surgery – 53 seats.
- Oral Pathology – 36 seats.
- Oral Medicine – 45 seats.
- Preventive and Community Dentistry – 41 seats.
- Periodontics – 63 seats.
- Pedodontics – 52 seats.
These are the total seats available in Bangalore for MDS. The major departments like Endo, Ortho, OMFS, etc. get filled very fast, so make sure to decide about the branches before itself.
MDS Fee Structure in Bangalore
The fee structure for each department and college is fixed by KEA and the college management. The fee structure differs from college to college. I will give you an idea about the fee structure for each department. This is not the exact fee structure for MDS in Bangalore. These are approximate fees charged for any department.
- Orthodontics -8-12 lakh/year.
- Endodontics – 8-12 lakh/year.
- Oral Surgery – 7-9 lakh/year.
- Prosthodontics – 7-8 lakh/year.
- Periodontics – 5-7 lakh/year.
- Pedodontics – 6-7 lakh/year.
- Oral Pathology – 3-5 lakh/year.
- Oral Medicine – 3-5 lakh/year.
- PCD – 3-5 lakh/year.
Most of the dental colleges will charge extra for materials, hostel, and food. You can expect around Rs.80,000 to Rs.1 lakh/year for materials and Rs.70,000 to Rs.1 lakh per year for hostel and food.
I had tried my best to give you complete information regarding MDS admission in Karnataka. If you loved the post, please do share it with your friends and family. If you have got any questions regarding the admission procedures, feel free to comment on the questions below. You can even give me a call anytime by clicking the below link.
This post will be useful for people who are searching for MDS management quota seats in Karnataka, best dental colleges in Bangalore for MDS, etc.