Dental Materials Question Paper June 2014 of RGUHS
DENTAL MATERIALS – JUNE 2014
Draw a neat and labeled diagram wherever necessary.
Total Marks: 70 Marks
LONG ESSAYS 2 x 10 = 20 Marks
1. Classify impression materials. Compare in detail the properties, advantages, disadvantages, and uses of hydrocolloids with elastomeric impression materials. Add a note on disinfection of impression material.
2. Discuss in detail the properties, advantages, disadvantages of dental ceramics. What are CAD-CAM restorations?
SHORT ESSAYS 8 x 5 = 40 Marks
3. What is luting cement? Write their ideal requisites.
4. Expansion in investing materials.
5. Die stone.
6. Manipulation of silver amalgam.
7. Biocompatibility testing of dental materials.
8. Corrosion and its prevention.
9. Denture liners.
10. Abrasives and polishing agents.
SHORT ANSWERS 5 x 2 = 10 Marks
11. Microwave curing of resins.
12. Die spacers.
13. Classification of inlay wax.
14. Advantages and disadvantages of direct filling gold.
15. Self-etch dental adhesives.