Dental Materials December 2014 RGUHS for BDS Students
DENTAL MATERIALS – DECEMBER 2014
Draw neat and labeled diagram wherever necessary.
Total Marks: 70 Marks
LONG ESSAYS 2 x 10 = 20 Marks
1. Define the term ” Water Powder Ration” and explain the setting reaction, the method of determining the setting times, and factors affecting setting time of Gypsum Products.
2. Describe in detail the composition, setting reaction, uses, and properties of Zinc Oxide Eugenol impression material.
SHORT ESSAYS 8 x 5 = 40 Marks
3. Explain in brief any five physical properties of dental materials.
4. The composition of Dental Ceramics.
5. Addition poly-vinyl siloxane impression material.
6. Micro filled composite resin.
7. Polymerization Cycles.
8. Calcium Hydroxide cements.
9. Sensitization and Stabilization.
10. Explain different types of direct filling gold in brief.
SHORT ANSWERS 5 x 2 = 10 Marks
12. Glass transition temperature.
15. Age hardening.