Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS is an undergraduate-level professional course in the field of dentistry. There are more than 300 dental colleges in India, which are both government and private. The fee structure for government colleges is lower than that of private colleges. Recently, the Government of Karnataka has hiked the fees for private colleges by 10%. The fees of these colleges differ from one college to another. So, I am writing this post to give you an insight into the BDS course fees in a private college in India.
Are you thinking to join BDS in India? If yes, let me tell you more about BDS Course fees in Private College in India.
The fee structure of the private BDS Colleges is decided by the management of the institutions themselves in association with the state examination or counselling authorities.
It varies from one state to another. Other factors which help in deciding the college are its location, course curriculum, infrastructure, patient inflow and so on. Here I have done my research and got the most affordable BDS course fees in private college in India.
Table of Contents
- ✅ BDS Course Fees in Private College
- 🔥 How to Choose the Best Dental College in Budget?
- How I can help you?
- Is my service Free of Cost?
- BDS Admission Process
- BDS Course Fees for the top colleges in India
- BDS Fee Structure in Private Colleges – Top Colleges
- BDS Colleges with Lowest Fees
- Which is Better: BDS or MBBS?
- BDS Course Syllabus
- ❓ Frequently Asked Questions About BDS Course Fees in Private College
- Wrap Up
✅ BDS Course Fees in Private College
I would just request you to read the complete article so that it will give you an idea about the fee structure, course and much other information which will help you in choosing the course.
I will keep things straightforward here.
The fee structure for private BDS colleges in India ranges from Rs.6 lakhs to Rs.30 lakhs for the entire course including hostel and food. Now you might be thinking how can a dental college provide admission for Rs.6 lakhs right?
That is even what we thought when we came to know that. So thought to do some market research and found that these colleges are on the verge of losing their affiliation or the quality of college is far below what we expected.
If you are looking for the top dental colleges in India then it will cost you around 25-30 lakhs which includes the tuition fees, hostel and extra charges.
Rather than going for the cheapest fee structure go for colleges providing quality education in a budget fee structure.
You can go through the next section where I had given some great tips which will help you in choosing the best dental colleges in India.
I can suggest you a decent dental college which is upgrading its quality every month and the total BDS course fees for that college will be around Rs.9 lakhs total, including hostel, food, and extra charges.
And the normal fee structure for the college is higher for other students, and they are providing scholarships for students referred by us. Wondering why? This is because of the personal research we had done for the college and the report we have provided them in developing their college to rank with top dental colleges in India.
You can contact me for more details about the same and I will explain to you about the same depending on your NEET score and 12th class percentage. Fair enough?
BDS Course Fee in Private College – Year-wise Installment
|Tuition Fees||Hostel and Food|
|First Year||Rs.2.25 Lakhs||Free|
|Second Year||Rs.2.25 Lakhs||Free|
|Third Year||Rs.2.25 Lakhs||Free|
|Final Year||Rs.2.25 Lakhs||Free|
The college also provides an easy instalment system for all the students, which makes it hassle-free for all students.
🔥 How to Choose the Best Dental College in Budget?
Which college should I go to? I have searched so many colleges. On what basis should I decide on the college? I am unable to decide which would be the best for me. You do not have to worry. I will explain in detail the factors which you need to consider while selecting the colleges.
There is nothing wrong with contemplating and taking your decision. You just need to think about some of the questions such as:
- Does the college have a good patient flow?
- Does the college have full-time experienced faculties?
- Does the college have a good infrastructure with the latest equipment?
- Is the college affiliated with a reputed university?
- Do you want a college close to your home or far?
- How much is your budget for the course?
- Does the college have hostel accommodation?
- Is there a placement facility available?
So, there are some important factors which are needed to be considered for getting the best BDS College for you. The key things to keep in mind are:
- Patient Flow: This is the basic factor I would suggest you keep in mind while choosing a dental college. I am not saying the college must have 1000+ patients daily. But the student-to-patient ratio must be decent. I had seen many colleges boasting that they have 400+ patients in a day and that is not true. Decent colleges have a patient flow of around 150 – 250 patients daily.
- Faculties: If you don’t have an experienced and creative teaching faculty in the college, it’s just like wasting your career and time. As BDS is a practical-based health and science course, you must be guided by a well-experienced faculty.
- Infrastructure: I am not speaking about fancy buildings and sports grounds. I meant the academic infrastructure! Choose the basic facilities like CBCT, digital technologies, laser dentistry etc.
- Location: While choosing the college for you, whether you would like a college closer to home or anywhere else? If you are staying in the city, will it be convenient to travel to the college? You can choose your college based on your own comfort level.
- Course Fees: BDS is a course which is a little expensive. So, it would be better to look into those colleges which fit your budget. I would seriously ask you to workout on the return on investment.
- Infrastructure and Equipment (Extended): It is extremely important to know about the infrastructure facilities which the college has. It includes the classrooms, laboratories, library, conference hall, hostels, sports facilities, mess, clinical equipment and so on. If the infrastructure is not up to the standards, then the students will not get the proper study environment.
- Affiliations and Rankings: Another aspect to be considered while selecting the colleges, is affiliation and recognition. For instance, the Ministry of HRD provides the NIRF Rankings and the Central Government issues the Top Medical Colleges list. Go for colleges approved by the DCI or Dental Council of India and affiliated with a reputed university. Never fall for the fake ranking traps.
- Hostel Accommodation: Another factor to be considered while selecting a college is hostel accommodation. You should know whether the college has on-campus or off-campus accommodation. Whether the hostel is within the campus or far away? What are the hostel fees charged by the college? It has all the amenities for a comfortable stay on campus or not.
- Advanced equipment: Every college laboratory has its own dental equipment such as an Endodontic microscope, Surgical Microscope, CBDT Machine, Lasers, Orthodontic software, conscious sedation, CAD CAM unit, BPS Unit, and Smile Designing Software and many more. It’s better for you to search about the advanced lab facility of the college you are going for.
How I can help you?
As I am into the dental and education industry for the past 12 years, I am well updated and knowledgeable about the dental colleges and their admission procedures happening in India.
Keeping in mind 100+ factors, I can help you in choosing the best college within your budget.
I will be providing you with the following services FREE of COST:
- Filtering and helping you in choosing the best college within your budget.
- Complete guidance in the counselling procedures for the deemed dental colleges and private dental colleges.
- Support for documentation for the counselling and allotment procedures.
- Field support for students who want to go for a campus visit.
- Assistance for educational loans and NFBC-based EMI loans.
Is my service Free of Cost?
Yes, my service will be 100% free of cost.
You might be thinking whether I had gone out of my mind. This is my way of giving back to the community. 😛
But it’s not that I am not earning a penny from this. Few dental colleges in India will be providing me with a marketing charge, which helps me in maintaining the quality of this blog and providing you with the latest updates in dentistry.
BDS Admission Process
Admission to BDS courses in India takes place through the NEET entrance examination. National Eligibility cum Entrance examination NEET is a national-level entrance examination which is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). It is a basis for admission to undergraduate medical courses like MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS and BHMS as well as courses recognised by private and deemed universities in India.
NEET 2022 Key Highlights:
|Online Submission of Application Form||6 April 2022 to 6 May 2022|
|Last Date for Payment of fees||7 May 2022|
|Rectification in Details||To be intimated on the website|
|Download the admit cards||To be intimated on the website|
|Date of Examination||17 July 2022 (Sunday)|
|Duration of the examination||200 minutes ( 3 hours 20 minutes)|
|Exam Timings||02.00 pm to 5.20 pm|
|Declaration of results||To be announced on the website|
Application Fees Payable by candidates
|Category||In India ( Fees)||Outside India(Fees)
|General- EWS/ OBC -NCL||INR 1500|
|SC/ ST/ PwBD/ Third Gender||INR 900|
*Processing Charges and GST are to be paid by the candidates as applicable.
NEET- UG Exam Pattern
NEET-UG Exam syllabus has been notified by the National Medical Commission (NMC). The test has 4 subjects. Each subject consists of 2 sections. Section A has 35 Questions and Section B has 15 Questions. Candidates can choose to answer any 10 Questions. The number of questions and the answers remain the same.
The examination pattern for 2022- 23 is given below:
Each correct answer carries (+4) marks and the incorrect question carries minus one (-1). Unanswered questions will be given no marks.
Eligibility Criteria for BDS Admission
You have to become eligible to get admission to the BDS course in any private college. The basic eligibility criteria for BDS are:
- Aspirants must have passed 12th or 10+2 with an aggregate score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology along with English.
- The aggregate score for SC/ST aspirants is 40%.
- Should have appeared for the NEET entrance examination and also have a NEET score card.
- He/She must have completed 17 years of age during the time of getting admission.
- Once the results for the NEET are declared, the merit list of the candidates is prepared on the basis of the ranking.
- The selection to any college is based on the NEET Ranking. There is the reservation of seats based on the ranking.
- After this, the candidates have to go for online counselling in which they have to fill out their preferences.
The procedure for counselling is as follows:
- Registration for the counselling.
- Verification of documents.
- The first round of counselling.
- Filling choices of colleges.
- Locking of the choices of colleges.
- Results of the first round of counselling.
- The second round of counselling.
- Results of second round counselling.
- Mop Up Round.
The same procedure is followed by private colleges and deemed universities. Let me explain each one in detail.
1. Registration for Counseling
In order to attend the process of counselling, you need to register yourself with information like the NEET Admit Card and the registration fees.
2. Verification of the Documents
Once you have filled out the online counselling form, the concerned authorities will declare the dates for verification of the documents. You are required to go to the centre for counselling with the necessary documents and if it happens online, it has to be done on the website.
The documents required for verification are:
- 10th Standard Marksheet.
- 12th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Proof of date of birth
- Admit Card of NEET.
- NEET Scorecard.
- Medical Fitness Certificate(if applicable).
- Caste Certificate(if applicable).
- Community Certificate(if applicable).
3. The first round of counselling
As soon as the first round of counselling begins, you need to go to your profile dashboard and freeze the options.
Filling of choices of colleges
In this step, you will be selecting the colleges of your choice. There is no limitation on the number of colleges to be chosen. Later on, you have to lock your preferences. Once this is completed, it cannot be changed again in this particular round.
Results of the first round of counselling
Here, the results are declared for the first round. If you like the college, you can go ahead and take your admission. If not, then you need to wait for the second round of counselling.
4. The second round of counselling and results
This round is similar to the first round. Once the results are declared and if you want to get admission, you can join the college. If you have some other college, then you need to wait for the mop-up round.
5. Mop Up Round
Mop Up Round is the final round of counselling. It happens for the vacant seats from the 1st and 2nd rounds of counselling. Key points to remember if you are going to attend the mop-up round are:
- This round takes place offline.
- You are required to bring your documents to the counselling centre.
- Candidates must carry DD or Demand Draft in favour of the authority.
- Results of this round are declared on the same day.
- Those candidates who have registered themselves and taken part in this round will be allotted the seats by the management of the college.
BDS Course Fees for the top colleges in India
BDS is becoming the most sought-after course in the country. The course has a vast amount of scope with enormous job opportunities for dental graduates. It becomes extremely important to select the best college of your liking, according to the fee structure of the institution. The fees structure for some of the best BDS Colleges in the country is as follows:
|Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, Delhi||INR 1,00,000|
|Dr R. Ahmed Dental College and Hospital, Kolkata||INR 1,60,000|
|King George’s Medical University Faculty of Dental Sciences,||INR 1,50,000 – 2,50,000|
|Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Rohtak||INR 2,50,000 – 3,00,000|
|Government Dental Hospital and College, Nagpur||INR 3,00,000|
|Nair Hospital and Dental College, Mumbai||INR 5,00,000|
|Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal||INR 20,00,000|
|Dr D Y Patil Dental College and Hospital, Pune||INR 26,00,000|
BDS Fee Structure in Private Colleges – Top Colleges
To get admission to the best colleges in the country, firstly you need to have a good neet score and secondly a good ranking in the counselling. You will find it difficult to find the college with the fees that you are looking for. To find the solution to your problem, I have brought together a list of the Best Private College BDS Course Fees in the country. It will help you find a suitable option within your budget. Please find the list of the top private college BDS Course fees in India:
|Colleges||BDS Course fees|
|A B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore||INR 5,00,000 – 6,00,000|
|Christian Dental College, Ludhiana||INR 8,00,000 – 9,00,000|
|SDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad||INR 15,00,000 – 20,00,000|
|Sri Ramachandra Dental College and Hospital, Chennai||INR 20,00,000 – 25,00,000|
|SRM Dental College, Chennai||INR 20,00,000 – 25,00,000|
|College of Dental Sciences, Davangere||INR 15,00,000 – 20,00,000|
|Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences, Coorg||INR 20,00,000 – 25,00,000|
|Faculty of Dental Sciences, M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore||INR 6,00,000 -7,00,000|
|Saveetha Dental College and Hospital, Chennai||INR 1,00,000 – 5,00,000|
|Amrita School of Dentistry, Kochi, Kerala||INR 5,00,000 – 10,00,000|
|Army School of Dental Sciences, Secunderabad, Telangana||INR 1,00,000 – 5,00,000|
|I.T. S Dental College, Ghaziabad||INR 1,00,000 – 5,00,000|
|Singhad Dental College and Hospital, Pune||INR 5,00,000 – 10,00,000|
|Manav Rachna Dental College, Faridabad||INR 5,00,000 – 10,00,000|
|The Oxford Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore||INR 5,00,000- 10,00,000|
BDS Colleges with Lowest Fees
BDS is a medical course which is expensive when you go to private colleges. But, there are some well-known colleges which offer the course, with the lowest fees. It makes the colleges affordable for students with lower budgets. Though the colleges mentioned have lesser fees as compared to the others listed above, in spite of that they are affiliated and ranked among the best in India. The list of the colleges with the lowest fees is given below:
These are colleges or seats which come under the government quota.
|Colleges||BDS Course Fees|
|Faculty of Dental Sciences, BHU, Varanasi||INR 31,000|
|Dr R. Ahmed Dental College and Hospital, Kolkata||INR 18,000|
|Bapuji Dental College and Hospital, Davangere||INR 95,000|
|Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Dental College and Hospital, Pune||INR 1,30,000|
|J.S.S. Dental College and Hospital, JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysore||INR 60,000|
Which is Better: BDS or MBBS?
Both the courses are the best in the medical field. It purely depends on your preference as to which course, you would like to opt to make a career in the relevant specialization. The differences between the two courses are as follows:
|BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)||MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery)|
|The course duration is 5 years which includes 1 year of internship.||It is a course for a duration of 5.5 years which includes 1 year of internship.|
|Students who complete the course are called dentists.||After completing an MBBS course, graduates are called physicians.|
|The course provides in-depth knowledge in the field of medical science and surgery.||It covers topics on dental treatments, medicine and surgery.|
|Can pursue M D S with specialization for future studies.||Can go for MD or MS courses with various specializations.|
|MDS can earn around INR 15 – 25 LPA.||MD or MS can earn around INR 20 – 40 LPA.|
BDS Course Syllabus
What subjects will I study in BDS? How much time will it take for me to complete BDS? Are such questions bothering you? Don’t worry! All your questions will be answered here!
You got an overview of the course earlier in this blog, and here, I am going to share with you the syllabus of the course which is followed by many colleges.
BDS is a five-year graduate course with 4 years of theoretical knowledge and one year of rotatory internship. The 4 years of BDS course are divided into 8 semesters and the syllabus for the same is given below:
|1st Year||Semester I
● General Human Anatomy with Embryology and Histology.
● General Human Physiology and Biochemistry.
● Dental Anatomy and Oral Histology.
● Dental Materials.
● Preclinical Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge.
|2nd Year||Semester III
● General Pathology and Microbiology.
● Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
● Preclinical Conservative Dentistry.
● Preclinical Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge.
● Oral Pathology and Microbiology.
|3rd Year||Semester V
● General Medicine.
● General Surgery.
● Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology.
● Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
● Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
● Oral Medicine and Radiology.
● Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics.
● Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry.
|4th Year||Semester VII
● Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
● Oral Medicine and Radiology.
● Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry.
● Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
● Prosthodontics & Crown and Bridge.
● Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
When you are done with all the theoretical knowledge in 4 years, now, it’s time to implement what you have studied. The Dental Council of India (DCI), New Delhi has made it mandatory for all students to go for a one-year rotatory internship in their final year of BDS.
The internship was made a part of the curriculum with an aim to train students in different specialities of dentistry. Most colleges have a hospital on their campus where students can do their internships. Only when you complete your internship, can you proceed with your career in dentistry?
You got to know the importance and relevance of doing an internship. Have you come across any course which has made it compulsory to do internships? Well! That’s the beauty of BDS!
There are also dental colleges in India which provides a stipend during the 1 year internship period.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About BDS Course Fees in Private College
How many Dental Colleges are there in India?
There are more than 300 private and government dental colleges in India which is recognized by the dental council of India.
Will I get admission to BDS without qualifying the NEET examination?
No, you cannot get BDS admission without qualifying the NEET-UG entrance exam.
What is the eligibility criteria for BDS?
The eligibility criteria for BDS is 12th Standard with 50% aggregate score in PCB and qualify NEET-UG entrance exam.
Can I get colleges with lower fees?
Yes, you can get BDS admission in decent dental colleges in India at around 9 lakhs total package including hostel and food.
Which College has lowest fees for BDS?
There are many colleges which has lowest fees. It depends on the location preference which college I must suggest you. 😛
These are just the information I would like to provide you with from my personal experience and research. I think I had included all the information about BDS course fees in private colleges in India here. If you still have any more questions, then you can comment below or give me a call or WhatsApp message at +91-9535726644.
If this article helped you in understanding the basic details about BDS course fees in private colleges, then please do share it with friends and people in need.
You can also go through: