3M VITREBOND LIGHT CURE Glass IONOMER LINER/BASE INTRO KIT
A light-cure glass ionomer liner/base which combines with the light-cure convenience with the true glass ionomer fluoride release and bond strength.
The 3M Vitrebond Liner is recommended for the use as a liner or base under composite, amalgam, metal and ceramic restorations. It is not indicated for direct pulp capping. The pulp exposed area should be first covered with the calcium hydroxide and then the 3M Vitrebond Liner is placed over the calcium hydroxide and the surrounding dentin to seal and protect the exposure.
The powder is a radiopaque, ion-leachable fluoroaluminosilicate glass powder made by fusing together Silicon Dioxide, AlF3, ZnO, SrO, cryolite, NH4F, MgO, and P2O5.
The liquid is modified polyacrylic acid with pendant methacrylate groups, HEMA (2-
hydroxyethyl methacrylate) water and a photoinitiator.
Features of 3M Vitrebond Light Cure:
- Excellent handling characteristics and fast a technique that allows quick and easy placement.
- It forms a strong bond to dentin, thus sealing the tooth to reduce the incidence of the microleakage which helps to reduce the postoperative dentistry.
- Produces a zone of inhibition against the bacteria which are commonly found in the oral cavity in vitro.
- It provides an excellent adhesion to the 3M dental adhesive system whether an amalgam or a composite is being used.
- In order to help protect the tooth long after the restoration has been complete after sustained fluoride release.
- Product type – Liner/Base.
- Delivery system – Hand Mix.
- Cure Type – Light cure.