3M FILTEK Z250 XT MY KIT
The 3M ESPE is designed in such a way that it allows you to customize your kit by deciding the nanohybrid composite shades, the adhesives to be used and the accessories to be present. The Filtek Z250 is a light curing composite restorative kit designed by the 3M ESPE. It contains Z250 XT Nanohybrid Universal Restorative, Adhesives i.e, Adper Single Bond 2 (TE) or Single Bond Universal (SE), Scotchbond Etchant and the accessories.
This is an all-purpose aesthetic restorative material. The consistency of the material is non-sticky and non-slumpy. It is very easy to sculpt and has excellent handling properties. The material possesses an outstanding wear resistance property.
Due to the innovative filler design, it provides an amazing flexural strength to the Z250 which makes it a perfect restorative for the stress-bearing areas too. The Scotchbond Etchant consists of 35% phosphoric acid and is a universal etching gel. To ensure the controlled and precised placement of the etchant on the teeth, it is designed in such a way that it has an improved consistency and dispensing quality. It makes it completely ideal for selective
etch or total-etch adhesive systems. The bonding adhesive i.e., the Single Bond Universal Adhesive can be used in all the bonding techniques such as Total-Etch, Self-Etch, Selective-Etch. But this adhesive is absolutely the most suited one for the Selective etch technique. It ensures no post-operative sensitivity and any low microleakage. It is a 7th generation adhesive with a proven long-term bond strength.
The Adper single bond 2 Adhesive is an adhesive used for direct light cured restoration. It is a visible light activated bonding agent. The constituents incorporated is 10% of 5nm diameter silica filler. A total-etch material use for the treatment of the cervical sensitivity. The silica nanofiller present here is stable and does not settle out of the dispersion.
The adhesive exhibits excellent shear bond strength. The presence of the ethanol/water in the adhesive helps it to maintain shear bond strength over a long period of time and thus exhibits outstanding shelf life.
- Filtek Z250 Nanohybrid Universal Restorative:
– It has high strength.
– Exhibits Predictable & outstanding esthetics.
– Excellent handling properties.
– Exhibits good wear resistance.
– Polishing is easy.
– Available in 12 popular shades.
- Scotchband Etchant:
– Consists of 35% phosphoric acid.
– Has improved consistency.
– Can be dispensed conveniently.
- Single Bond Universal Adhesives:
– Can be used in all bonding techniques.
– It is a 7th generation adhesive.
– Has low microleakage.
– Exhibits long-term bond strength.
- Adper Single Bond 2 Adhesives:
– Possesses excellent shear bond strength.
– The bonding performance is exceptional.
– Has stable nanofiller.
– It is an etanol/water-based adhesive.
Key Specifications of the 3M Z250 My kit:
- Polishing is easy.
- Provides good esthetic result.
- All the shades present are radiopaque and fluorescent.
- It is available as syringes and capsules.
- Nano hybrid composite syringes – 4 x 3g.
- Sotchband Etchant – 1 x 3 ml.
- Adper single bond 2 – 1 x 3 g vial.
- Single Bond Universal – 1×3 ml bottle.
- Microbrush – 50 nos.
- Mixing Pad – 1.
- Disposable wells – 24 nos.
- Technique guide.