3M CLINPRO XT VARNISH
The 3M Clinpro XT Varnish creates a protective and provides an immediate sensitivity relief while offering the additional benefits. The prevention of the dentinal hypersensitivity can be a daunting task and clinpro helps in that.
The exciting technology that is used contains and releases fluorides, calcium, and phosphate. Through the in-vitro studies, it has been demonstrated that the Clinpro XT varnish creates a caries inhibition zone under and around
The 3M Clinpro XT varnish is a site-specific, light cured RMGIC durable coating which helps by forming an immediate protective layer to relieve the dentinal hypersensitivity. The word ‘XT’ in the Clinpro XT Varnish stands for the term ‘extended varnish’ which reflects its property of having long-term durability with fluoride release.
Properties of 3M Clinpro XT Varnish:
- It provides a barrier which remains on the tooth for 6 months.
- It thus releases more fluoride as compared to the conventional fluoride varnish over a period of 24 hours.
- Releases the fluoride, calcium, and phosphate.
- It can be recharged with fluoride dentifrice.
The 3M Clinpro XT Varnish is based on a liquid/paste glass ionomer technology. The 3M has designed it in a clicker dispensing system easy dispensing. Thus this design of the dispensing system provides a simultaneous dispensing of each component for an easy and pre-measured mix. The Clinpro comes with major benefits in dentistry which are similar to that glass ionomer materials such as adhesion to tooth structure, sustained fluoride release and addition of new attributes such as calcium phosphate release.
One of the greatest features is that it offers a combination of a prolonged working time with a short set time that is achieved by light curing and can be applied by the dentist or hygienist.
For the application on enamel, an acid etch is required prior to the application to ensure an optimal retention on the tooth. The product can be applied to the dentin without an acid etch.
- The Clinpro XT Varnish can be used variedly in the application in dentistry.
- It can be applied as a protective coating to the dentin surface to prevent hypersensitivity as it is a very versatile product.
- Can be applied as well as to the newly erupted dentition & others at risk tooth surfaces.
- To the non-cavitated lesions, tooth surfaces around the orthodontic brackets, post scaling, and the clean sensitive surfaces.
- Creates a barrier against demineralisation and acid erosion.
The Clinpro XT Varnish comes with a lot of amazing benefits. You will see the attributes when you use
- It creates a temporary barrier against demineralization & acid erosion as it is a site-specific light cured RMGIC.
- Can help in repairing demineralized enamel adjacent to the XT coating by up to 2 mm and offers up to 6 months protection.
- Can be readily recharged using a fluoride toothpaste i.e., Clinpro Tooth Creme.
- Delivers fluoride, calcium, and phosphate.
- The dentin permeability can be reduced by up to 88%.
- It is easy to mix, easy to apply and cures almost clear offering immediate aesthetic benefits.
The 3M Clinpro XT Extended Contact Varnish comes in a – 1-10g Clicker Dispenser.